Expat Residential Home Loan in Costa Rica – Now Unsecured Personal Loans Available
The lender who agreed to assist us in the expat residential home loan business in Costa Rica for our clients decided to cancel operations in Costa Rica.
But, we have been able to find unsecured personal loans for you now, until we find a good option for home loans. You can use an unsecured personal loan for your Costa Rica property purchase if you have a healthy credit score in the U.S.
As you might know, it is very difficult for non-residents in Costa Rica to find residential home loans.
Local banks will allow you to apply for a mortgage when you are either a resident or a citizen. So, if you want to buy a home in Costa Rica and you’re an expat without legal residency, you don’t have a chance of getting a mortgage.
Unsecured Personal Loan
Instead of a mortgage, you can also use a personal loan to purchase a property. If you are a US citizen with a credit score of at least 640, and you have verifiable income, you can now get an unsecured personal loan up to $300,000. This loan can finance
· Buying property in Costa Rica (Unless you have access to a mortgage)
· Bridge loans
· Car purchase
· Business start-ups
· Loan or debt consolidation
Click the banner below for more information.
I’m leaving the home loans for expats info in place because this blog is about expat home loans for non-residents, just in case we’ll find a serious lender.
Learn all about the Costa Rica mortgage solution (when we will be able to supply you with a responsible lender):
- Costa Rica mortgages at affordable rates: starting at 8.5% (based on creditworthiness)
- U.S. Citizens & Canadian Expats
- Only for a constructed property (no lot/land loans or construction loans).
- 30-years fixed rate (no prepayment penalties)
- Minimum loan amount: $100,000
- Minimum down payment: 25%
- Loan Term: up to 30 years
- Pre-qualification: within 1 working day. Get pre-qualified before you shop!
- Closing: 4-6 weeks after receipt of all documents (for purchases)
- Re-financing of an existing home loan is also available, which typically takes less time to close and usually requires only minimal upfront third party services fees.
Are you interested in applying for a residential home loan in Costa Rica?
Residential Home Loans
Below bank rates
8.5% and up
As little as 25% down
30 year fixed rate
Just complete the form below for more information on this mortgage solution
Applying for a loan or receiving a pre-qualification does not commit either party.
COSTA RICA MORTGAGE SOLUTION is not a financial organization. We were a marketing company supplying mortgage originations in Costa Rica for a financial institution in a U.S. State who has decided to stop originating mortgages in Costa Rica.