32 Experiences you need to have in Costa Rica before you die
I was able to come up with no less than 32 Experiences you need to have in Costa Rica before you die. There are probably zillion things you haven’t done in your life yet. Does your life depend on it? Probably not!
To make it easier for you, I made a bucket list of 32 experiences that you need to have in Costa Rica before you die, not because they’re life savers but because they will be memories for life. Ask anyone who has visited Costa Rica.
First of all, the world is full of people who have been scared to get out of their house, travel to another city or even have a passport. 15,556,216 U.S. citizens, for example, don’t have a passport (in 2015), which is only about 0.05% the total population, about the same amount of tourists that will visit Costa Rica for the next 7 years.
That suggests that U.S. citizens travel quite a bit abroad, why else would you have a passport? The National Travel and Tourism Office of the U.S.A. states that in 2014 a total of 2,101,037 U.S. travelers visit Central America, there are no exact numbers for those who visit Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is just a bit smaller than the state of West Virginia and it’s amazing there is so much to do on such a small territory as Costa Rica.
Quite a few of those visitors, once they have been to Costa Rica, decide to purchase a vacation home in Costa Rica, invest in a property or retire in Costa Rica as soon as they are able to sell their own home.
I know lots of people who have been visiting Costa Rica for 40 years, starting out on a surfing trip as a kid and are now organizing their life in such way that that can enjoy their retirement in the country they fell in love with.
If you wonder what attracts all those people to come to Costa Rica for their holidays, I made a bucket list of
32 Experiences before you die
1. Freak out on Bungee Jumping for the adventurous.
2. Revel in the beauties of 27 national parks and 58 wildlife refuges, in addition to 32 protected zones, 15 wetland areas/mangroves, 11 forest reserves and 8 biological reserves before you die.
3. Tour Lake Arenal and also enjoy windsurfing, kayaking and the view of the Arenal volcano.
4. Have fun interacting with 4.7 million Costa Ricans, according to the Happy Planet Index they are the happiest people on the planet.
5. Make a pit stop at any of the 6 active volcanoes like the Arenal volcano, the Irazu Volcano or the Poas volcano if you like hiking.
6. Make a historical walk through San José, the capital city of Costa Rica.
7. Visit Monteverde, for great hiking, canopy and discover the cloud forest with over 100 species of mammals, 400 species of birds, tens of thousands of insect species, and over 2,500 varieties of plants before you die.
8. Tour the Tortuguero Canal and have the opportunity to enjoy wildlife, during September and October many local “guides” will offer tourists the opportunity to “help” turtle nests hatch.
9. Play golf on every golf course in Costa Rica before you die.
10. Get a tan at Costa Rica’s nearly 300 amazing beaches.
11. Volunteer for a wide range of projects in Costa Rica such as Eco-Agriculture Conservation, Teaching English, in addition to Turtle Conservation, Special Needs Care and quite a few others.
12. Purchase a waterfall property in Costa Rica.
13. Watch the turtles nest at 6 destinations.
14. Live it up in the nightlife of San Jose (don’t do anything stupid).
15. Get a kick out of watching the whales in Dominical.
16. Go scuba diving and also snorkeling in the Pacific or the Caribbean.
17. Purchase a retirement property in Costa Rica.
18. Explore the Gold Museum, the National Museum, in addition to 35 other museums in Costa Rica.
19. Try the incredible fishing in Costa Rica’s coastal waters.
20. Have a ball or be radical at the best surf spots in Costa Rica.
21. Feed the crocodiles at the Tarcoles bridge near Jaco Beach.
22. Pay a visit to Central America’s grandest theater, the National Theater in San José, an imitation of the Paris Opera, built with money raised by a tax on coffee exports.
23. For the daredevils, white water rafting is a must, although there are some easy rivers for the beginners. Try the Pacuare, Balsa, Sarapiqui, Saveegre, Pejibaye, Naranjo and Tenorio rivers.
24. Catch a play at the Little Theater Group Costa Rica before you die.
25. Go fishing and also hiking in Barra del Colorado in the Limon province.
26. Go crazy on other adventures like horseback riding and rappel, in addition to climbing, ATV tours, mountain biking or bouldering.
27. Gamble at the casinos of Costa Rica, you will find them in most large hotels.
28. Watch a soccer game at the famous National Stadium, built by the Chinese Government.
29. Ride the jungle train to Limon before you die.
30. Observe over 890 bird species recorded in a thousand different places all over Costa Rica.
31. Find out how coffee grows, in addition to how it is roasted and served at one of the many coffee tours.
32. Finally, ride the Calypso catamaran to Tortuga Island or Coral Point private reserve.
Experience a few of those awesome things to do that we have on this bucket list before you die. I’m sure you’ll be ready to purchase a vacation home or retirement home in Costa Rica. We would appreciate your business of course. We are the only MLS with affiliate partners from coast to coast, so I am pretty sure that we can help you to purchase that property in paradise that you are looking for. Contact us now.
Feel free to leave your comments on this blog. Also, if you like this article, please feel free to share it on your social media.
If you like this blog, connect with me on Google+. Also, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking the banner below.
While we’re at it, I DO want to remind our readers that we appreciate any referrals you can send us. Finally, please remember the American-European real estate Group’s agents when you refer a real estate agent. Because we DO appreciate your business.